The Lowest iWOB Resuscitation Device
The Inspire rPAP™ is a revolutionary, 2-piece non-invasive system for the initial stabilisation and resuscitation of infants.
It’s innovative, patented design combines the ability to administer inflation breaths with all the clinical benefits
of the gold standard fluidic flip nCPAP technology. Following birth, the first moments are crucial in defining the
respiratory management required to deliver the best outcomes for the infant.
Revolution From The First Breath
Current guidelines recommend the use of a T-piece resuscitation device to deliver a constant stable pressure to the infant’s airways, facilitating restoration of the Functional Residual Capacity (FRC). The challenges faced with traditional T-piece resuscitation devices is that they deliver high imposed work of breathing (iWOB) and are pressure unstable. Inspire rPAP overcomes these by significantly reducing iWOB by up to 92%* and providing a stable mean airway pressure. From the first breath, Inspire rPAP supports the infant throughout the critical stages of its journey towards respiratory independence.
Imposed Work of Breathing
The Inspire rPAP™ is the first of its kind to introduce low iWOB into a resuscitation device. Its groundbreaking design works in harmony with the infants’ own respiratory efforts to ensure they do not tire so quickly and preserve valuable energy.
Click here to see how the rPAP compares to traditional T-piece resuscitation devices, as demonstrated by the NEAR academic research group.
Clinical studies suggest that nCPAP should be used as the primary respiratory intervention prior to intubation (for infants ≥ 28 weeks gestational age)†. Inspire rPAP enables clinicians to quickly and seamlessly transition the infant onto nCPAP. This, partnered with the additional capability to add supplementary inflation breaths, means more infants can be successfully maintained on nCPAP therapy.
- All-in-one non-invasive rescue device that combines PIP with CPAP
- rPAP Generator design enables the clinician to perform nasal prong or standard face mask resuscitation and stabilisation, whilst reducing iWOB by up to 92%
- Dedicated portable rPAP Driver features two gas output channels providing safe and accurate PIP and CPAP control
- Easy to use rPAP Generator combines familiar working principles of resuscitation and nCPAP with clinical benefits of fluidic flip technology, all in one device
- Reduced training effort due to familiarity with working principles and device accessories
- Intuitive, maintenance-free rPAP Driver
- Compact, lightweight rPAP Driver and simple fixation enables safe transfer from delivery area to NICU
- Maintain infant on nCPAP with capability to add supplementary inflation breaths using the same device
- Versatile rPAP Generator compatible with range of resuscitation units‡
* Donaldsson, S. et al (2016) Initial Stabilisation Of Preterm Infants: A New Resuscitation System With Low Imposed Work of Breathing For Use With Face Mask or Nasal Prongs. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 2016.
† Roberts, C. T. (2016) High-Flow Nasal Cannulae as Primary Respiratory Support for Preterm Infants – An International, Multi-Center, Randomized, Controlled, Non-Inferiority Trial, paper presented to Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS), Baltimore, viewed 3 May 2016.
‡ For a list of compatible devices, please contact your local Inspiration Healthcare representative